View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Have you tried one of those stain/bleach pens? Try the pen on a similar fabric (scrap color and white) that has bled. Lay it on a small screen such as a sweater screen placed over a sink or bathtub. Take a little conditioner(yes hair) and apply to the color edge. Use the pen on the white or lighter color, let set(or it may start working immediately). Depending how it starts to work then rinse with warm water while it is laying flat on the screen. Yes I did say hair conditioner. I've also seen Dawn dish soap wash it right out. The reason for the screen is when you rinse with water, it goes down through the screen, if you try on a towel it can bleed again and there would be telltale color left. I wash everything I bring home. Goes straight into the washer on warm water and regular cycle. Prints with white get color catchers. I've seen colors bleed on prints with light to white in the same fabric. Would be one thing if the lighter would be totally but when it's haphazard and looks more like a stain, that bites.