Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cbjlinda View Post
would love to know if any of you have the auiquilt go baby and if you think it is worth the price of the machine with the dies. I am thinking about getting one but just not sure if the price of the dies make it worth the investment.
Do a search, as there have been quite a few threads that discuss the Accuquilt Go and the Go Baby. I have the Go. The Baby does not take the larger dies. There is a comparison chart on the Accuquilt site so you can see whichGo! dies do not work in the baby.

Whether or not the Baby is worth it to you depends on how much you will use it. I thought I would love my Go! for cutting strips, but I don't; I actually prefer using my June Tailor Shape Cut mat. What I find the Go! really useful for is cutting odd shapes (such as tumbler, hexagon, and many people like the rag die) and for triangles. For triangles, you get many triangles per run through the machine and they are all absolutely accurate with "dog ears" cut off. Makes matching them up very easy. For people who find it difficult to rotary cut strips and other straight lines using rulers, the Go! is indispensable because it increases accuracy. I am fine with rotary cutting, so I use the Go! less than some.

It comes back to how the individual likes to work.