Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Useless Quiling Gadgets & Other Boondoggles >

Useless Quiling Gadgets & Other Boondoggles

Useless Quiling Gadgets & Other Boondoggles

Old 04-14-2013, 04:53 PM

Advertisers of new products spend millions of dollars to sell the public on a new and better thing. Take a look a the Super bowl ads. There is a reason they spend so much. We buy anything for a better & easer life. I have been checking Angie"s, Consumers report and BBB before I buy a major product or service.
This is no different. We compare notes on products we HAVE purchased. That gives a right and duty to compliment or complain on that which we have PAID for the things of which we speak. Light on the subject is a good thing. Don't be intimidated by those who would silence an open discussion. I've enjoyed this thread.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:22 AM

I purchased a binding tool and for the life of me I could not figure this thing out. No matter how many times I tried it and watched a video. Gave it to my daughter and she loves it understood it right away just by looking at it. My mind just couldn't figure it out.
I too have read most posts and find them very interesting. And has found out about new gadgets too. Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lizzytish View Post
I purchased a binding tool and for the life of me I could not figure this thing out. No matter how many times I tried it and watched a video. Gave it to my daughter and she loves it understood it right away just by looking at it. My mind just couldn't figure it out.
I too have read most posts and find them very interesting. And has found out about new gadgets too. Thanks
Lizzytish ~ Liz I too purchased a binding tool, it was demonstrated on a YouTube video quite thoroughly but for the life of me I could not understand how to to use it, getting the ending pieces to fit properly. Then Jenny @ MSQ showed how to use the binding tool for a totally different use, cutting pieces for a quilt so all was not lost as I've made a quilt using the binding tool to cut pieces of fabric to piece into a quilt top.

I then still needed a 'slick' way to finish bindings and this is a link to the easiest binding (concealing the ending binding) tutorial on YouTube, I've found. I've made several quilts using this method and it's stress free and finishes beautifully concealing the end with no bulk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh90tXr7g4