Thread: colors
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
soccertxi

Originally Posted by mynani View Post
As I am looking at al the pictures of the quilts this morning I realize that the first thing that draws me to one are the colors in it. I just love the vibrant primary colors and the scrappy tops. Funny,my home and my clothing are mainly neutrals. After the color I then study the quilting. I am learning to like the heavily quilted tops but this has been slow in coming. What colors do you like and how do you quilt your tops?
I favor bright and rich colors in my quilts. I am WEARING more vibrant colors (uh oh! maybe I will turn into my Mom..who wears almost ALL purple! I will be the one next to her wearing BLUE! lolol)but my house is more subdued colors. I like quilting of ALL kinds. I love the over the top quilting..but not on bed quilts. For bed quilts I like to do a lighter quilting and alot of pantographs. Even with a lower loft batt, they have more poof. Isn't it fun that there is room for all types of quilters!? Love that! In my small quilt group, we run the gamut. I love to see what everyone is working on whether its my type of quilting/colors/pattern or not. I come home and RUN to the sewing room to get started!