View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Carol34446

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas View Post
It looks to me like I may be running with the wrong crowd! I couldn't begin to think of paying more than $1,000 for a sewing machine and I'm absolutely sure I can get one with a thread cutter, good light, lots of decorative stitches
and up/down needle control plus lots of attachments for a whole lot less. My Janome Memory Craft 4800 is 14 yers old, my Kenmore with cams is more than 50 years old and I've got a great straight stitch Singer from the 1940's in a cabinet to die for and only the Janome cost more than $300. Those of you who have the kind of money that allows you to have problems choosing a machine that costs several thousand $ should count yourselves very lucky! froggyintexas
I agree Froggyintexas, I have my grandmothers 201-3 from early 50's, (I was 5-6 when she bought it and she had to borrow $5.00 from me day it came) a 70's Kenmore with some stitches, my Brother SQ9000 I paid $139. for last year and my White Rotary treadle ($150) and a 3 thread babylock form 80's and a Janome 4 thread that was a reburbished (I wanted 4 thread surger) and can sew anything I make up my mind to. These fancy machines are great if you can afford them but at 66 and on SS not for me and never were. I might get one if I could afford it, but am happy with what I have (Brother I bouoght pn Amazon for all the stitches. Only thing I still want is a FW.