Old 04-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Rose S.

Default If you have a quilt laying around you don't want....

I have been reading the thread Thank you for my gift, would you make me another....and actually think I read every single reply.

Now this is almost the same thing, but thought I would start a new thread. A family member told me if I had a quilt that I didn't want, she would love to have it...I didn't say much if anything the first time. I was flabbergasted that someone had the nerve to ask for a quilt. Since then it has been mentioned two or three times.

I so wish I had thought of some of the replies others used....I really liked
1. What is wrong with just saying 'no.'
2. I have so many projects already planned but I will put you on the list...but you go to the bottom
3. Having her go with me to buy the fabric, batting, thread. I honestly doubt she would spend that much money...too used to buying those made in China.

I just so wish I had thought of these answers...and I don't know why I didn't think to tell her there are all kinds of how to videos and books to read. She doesn't work...has never worked a job as far as a know. There is no reason she can't make one. She can sew and make clothes...she could easily learn how to quilt.

Last edited by patricej; 10-10-2014 at 11:11 PM.