View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by mrsponcho1 View Post
My dh is very supportive also...he says that as long as momma is happy everyone is happy. I wish he would have figured that out 36 years ago...lol. We each have our own hobbies, yet we do a lot of things together. One thing that we started doing back in 2004 (the year I left the paid work force) is that I stop whatever I am doing when he comes home for work. We sit and spend time together catching up on each other's day...some days might be 5 min and some days might be 1 hour or longer. This lets us reconnect and focus on each other. We do enjoy each other so much.
This is a great idea! One all couples should probably embrace. It reflects the 1950s idea of the cocktail hour....I have a cousin who actually did that. When he came home from work, she joined him and they had a cocktail together before dinner and caught up on their individual news. Kids were banned (at their 50th wedding anniversary celebration, one son humorously remembered being "discouraged" from joining them!) They've had a very successful life and marriage so they've obviously done some things right.