View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 AM
qbtexas

Thanks, all, for your kindness, suggestions, and support. I finally had a good cry last night on my boyfriend's shoulder. He was so sweet about it. A friend suggested trying to tea-dye to lessen the impact, but I think it is better to just take that part off...I would never live with it like that.

So...I am going to cut off the 2 columns of blocks that are damaged, and salvage as much binding as I can to help finish the other part. I'll take it to the RWB quilt donation coordinator at the next guild meeting and see what she suggests....if it can be a long lap or wheelchair quilt. I could conceivably take off a row of blocks to bring the rectangle shape a bit more into proportion, if needed. Then, they get something, at least. (as well as a bag of all the leftover fabric for someone else to use---and no, I am not going to start all over with this project--I put as much money, time, and heart into it as I have at this time) And the damaged part that was cut off will go to my boyfriend's dog's house.

Started quilting in 1996, and am not inexperienced....but there is a first time for everything.