Old 11-10-2009, 11:59 AM
ohmisslizzie

Even though I will be piecing different fabrics together to make each strip - meaning a it woudnt be one stripe of the same color going the width of the quilt, I planned to have different fabrics to make each row and peice them together so it wouldnt be just all stripes the same size - like in the picture, I like the different widths and I will need to make the pattern a little larger its for a queen and the size she has done is for a full it wouldnt have any overhang- so I will add a few extra strips.

So how do I do it to look the same with the variated sizes and widths and stripes be of different fabrics, all in one piece, how would you reccomend I do this the cheapest way- with cutting the fabric length wise I will have to buy so much more fabric- how many different fabrics do you suggest? Anyone want to make a pattern and I will buy it, lol! Thank you all so much for the suggestions please keep them coming, I am going to have a beautiful quilt for my soo special sister done by Christmas thanks you all you wonderful quilters, keep the thoughts coming please!!!