View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:05 AM
mrsbudryzer

Default Sewing Machine Feet?!?

Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to quilting...decided to make a tshirt quilt for my daughter instead of tossing out all her old tshirts that don't fit anymore. Brilliant, right?? Ha!
So, I started cutting and sewing and then realized...hmmmm...maybe I should try some little practice projects. I have two placemat sized quilting sandwiches ready to go.

The problem? My machine came with a quilting foot and a walking foot. And some other feet I know nothing about. Did I mention I never sewed before?? Yes, I am very brave! lol

So, what is the difference between the quilting foot and the walking foot? Also, I haven't looked, but then there's the free form foot??? So many feet, so little socks.

Oh, yeah, and what about the fabric feeder...do you drop or not? I've read yes, yes, drop it...no, no, don't drop it.

All I know, is that yesterday I tried to quilt a strip of fabric (just for practice and checking my tension)...and IT DID NOT WORK OUT!!!
I have the quilting foot on it, I dropped the feeder thingie and my fabric would not budge! I couldn't get it to move AT ALL! Sooooo.....I'm thinking bring the feeder back up and maybe try the walking foot today?

Don't get me started on tension...I still have to Google that bad boy.