View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 PM
frudemoo

Default SO disappointed!!!!

As some of you may know, I have been trawling the Internet to find someone who might be able to copy their Phoenix Kl.250 manual for me. I'm in Australia and there are very few of these machines around (for sale, anyway) and they are much more common on eBay in Germany.

So... dutifully.... when I see one listed, I usually contact the seller to ask if the machine comes with a manual and offer to pay them separately for a scanned copy of the manual.

FINALLY I GOT A REPLY! I was so excited!!

He asked me how much I would pay for it... I said, well - you're the one that has to do the work. I don't know how many pages it is etc. I was eagerly awaiting his reply and noticed it had come through last night. .................$150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the worst part is that I just don't know what to say. I think that any response I give won't be able to hide my hurt. Sure, I was offering to pay for it and make it a worthwhile exercise for them.... but I was not expecting such a blatant extortion attempt. There is also a part of me that feels tempted to try and reason with him and suggest ways of copying it more easily and then asking him to lower the price, but I feel instinctively that I shouldn't deal with him any further...

What would you do? - I am so disappointed to have lost this opportunity. I STILL can't figure out how to use the machine and I was so hoping that having the manual would help me figure things out