View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Janis

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
It looks a lot like the Winselmann that I have here. My Winselmann takes a class 12x1 needle. If you ever find a good source for the needles, I'd like to hear about it. I find them online sometimes, but they're really expensive (somewhere in the "a few to several dollars each" range) The needle it came with is dull, and bent, but it sews very nicely after about 8 hours of work I did on it when I got it home. LOL! I pieced my first "quilted" project on it. Log cabin pin cushions.

I've heard that you can sharpen the needles, I may figure out what's involved with that one day.
Thanks Miriam and Tammi, I did look on ISMAC and read through all 12 pages on the needles. On page 37, I found Gritzner Familien and Gritzner Rotary. The Familien takes 12x1 and the Rotary takes 16x1. I'm thinking it heeds the Familien. Now to see if my OSMG has the needles and also the tire for the bobbin winding. I'll call him tomorrow.
Anyone that has information on where to get the needles, etc., your help is wanted and needed! Thanks.