Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Does anyone else have one of these? >

Does anyone else have one of these?

Does anyone else have one of these?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 PM

Janis,

Great job. I knew you could do it. Those little TSs make the neatest little ticking sound. I just love my TSs.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Thanks to Cathy, Mizkaki, I got the needles that would work in my Gritzner hand crank, and attempted to put them in like she said to last night. I didn't find a line on the needle bar, but brought the needle down a bit where I thought it might be OK. I tried turning the crank s.l.o.w.l.y and nothing caught or made a bad noise, so I thought it might be OK. Tonight I figured out how to wind the shuttle bobbin and with a couple of tries of how to get the thread in the right place. Next was to thread the machine, not too much of a problem as it was very simple to do, and I did it the first time. I attempted to sew..... this little machine makes the cutest sounds when sewing... and I saw stitches, but the tension was to loose on the top and the stitch was to close. After figuring out what I needed to fix them, I sewed again......SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My little old hand crank machine makes a wonderful stitch!!!
Thank you Cathy, Tammi, Miriam, and Caroline for all of your help in getting my little $25.00 machine to work.
Janis
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 PM

Yeah!! Congrats!!! Now we need to see a pic....
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 AM

Unfortunately I can't post pictures on the net, but I can send you one. I'm just thrilled that I can really sew with the little machine. It does make just the cutest ticking sound, just like music to my ear now that I can actually sew with it. It took me a couple of stops to find the needles that I needed for it, and thanks to Cathy's help with what would work rather than getting the 12x1 needles, I can sew as much as I want with it. My hubby thought it would just be something to show and play with. Now I can really do something with it. Now I would like to see if I can find about how old it really is.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM

I find the act of hand cranking to be really relaxing, especially with the neat noise that the transverse shuttles and the vibrating shuttles make.

The German machines can be quite a bit more difficult to find information on. I still don't have an actual model name for my Winselmann. I'll be interested in hearing what you find out.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 AM

I FINALLY found the mark on the needle bar!!!!! I was looking at the bottom of the needle bar above where the needle goes, and just now decided to look at the part that sticks out the top of the machine and I found it there!!! Now I know where to look.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Good girl!! I'm glad you got it working, and that you found needles for it.