Old 04-08-2013, 05:25 AM
Tashana

Default Entered my quilt in a show and lived to tell the tale

In a moment of temporary insanity I decided to enter my quilt in a show put on by our guild every two years. First year in a guild, first show, what can possibly go wrong? The catch was that three days before the quilts were due, mine was still hanging in pieces on the design board. After a few sleepless nights, LA fighting me every step of the way, and all the usual lows, my quilt was done. Show went well, there were lots of people and guilts were gorgeous. Throughout the show I felt this bad lump in my stomach seeing my sleepless disaster hanging amongst all the beauties. At the end of the show, I picked up my quilt and judges' comments and went to a Starbucks with a friend for the grand opening of the judging envelope. I was ready to be slaughtered. Surprise! They loved my quilt! Really, they did. In a very nice manner they told me to make sure to snip my threads (some escaped me in my daze) and to pay attention to stitch length when quilting. That was it. So, if you are thinking of entering your quilt in a show, go for it. The comments are helpful, and you will survive them for sure. If I can offer one piece of advice - do not procrastinate with finishing your quilt. Finishing your masterpiece well before the deadline does wonders for stress reduction. Happy quilting!

Last edited by Tashana; 04-08-2013 at 05:36 AM.