View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Mizkaki

Janis,

If your machine has the slides plates like the eBay listing, yours is a TS (transverse shuttle). All TSs take a 12x1 needle. AND most German TSs will work with the common industrial DBX1 needle.

Remember that the TSs do not have a needle stop for depth. Place the needle oriented the correct way (usually with the long groove facing forward), push it up to where you know its too high and clamp itt down lightly. Turn the hand wheel towards you until the timing mark (an etched horizontal line on the top left of the needlebar) is just entering the casting. Now loosen and lower the needle until the eye is just entering the needle plate. Your needle is now set properly.

Cathy
needle

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Thanks Miriam and Tammi, I did look on ISMAC and read through all 12 pages on the needles. On page 37, I found Gritzner Familien and Gritzner Rotary. The Familien takes 12x1 and the Rotary takes 16x1. I'm thinking it heeds the Familien. Now to see if my OSMG has the needles and also the tire for the bobbin winding. I'll call him tomorrow.
Anyone that has information on where to get the needles, etc., your help is wanted and needed! Thanks.