View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Mizkaki

Janis,

The tiny front slide plate is never removed. The right plate should move. if you must use force, try tapping on it using a hammer against a wood dowel.
The shuttle passes behind the needle, so do orient the needle with the long groove to the front. This will allow the thread loop to form on the back of the needle where the shuttle can pick it up.

The DBX1 should be available from your local repair shop. Occasionally I have seen them in quilt shop listed as for sergers. They are AKA 16X231, 16X87, 16X257. I do have these if you can't find them locally. I prefer the Organ brand because the shank is skinnier than the Schmetz.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
If your machine has the slides plates like the eBay listing, yours is a TS (transverse shuttle). All TSs take a 12x1 needle. AND most German TSs will work with the common industrial DBX1 needle.

Cathy, My machine looks like the e-bay listing, but in much better condition. I can get the left slide plate open, but the others are stuck. I oiled them, but think I might need to add a little force or some hair dryer heat to them to get them open. Is it necessary to have them open anyway?
Where can I get the industrial DBX1 needles? Thanks a lot for the information. Today I noticed that there is no stop on the casing. I think that my needle needs to be threaded from the left as that's where the last thread holder is on the needle clamp. Now after getting the needles, I need to figure out how to thread it. You have been a great help! This place is the best for asking for help and getting it!