Thread: postage?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Retired Fire Chief

I told the lady at my local post office that the flat rate envelopes are a sham, it says something like $5.95 above the big plastic envelopes but you have to look closely at the small print where it says "starts at". They add weight and destination to the flat envelopes! I had mailed 2 hand made hats to my grandsons in Oregon in a very small box and it cost me almost $12. When I inquired about the envelope that I could have used she said it probably would have been the same as the small box I used. Personally I think they should not have them by the flat rate boxes.

By the way, we have Meijers in Michigan and they have postage available at the service desk. I took my fat quarters swap envelopes to Meijers for mailing because I needed to pick up some groceries. The woman at Meijers was quicker than the post office and after she attached the postage she gave me the receipt and told me the tracking numbers for both parcels were on the receipt. I must have looked puzzled because I had not asked for tracking because she immediately told me it is no extra charge and that tracking was included with all parcels after the last postage increase. Gee, the lady at the post office never told me that, but she always ask if I want to buy additional insurance. Meijers is my choice for mailing from now on.

Last edited by Retired Fire Chief; 04-10-2013 at 08:01 AM.