View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Janis

Thanks to Cathy, Mizkaki, I got the needles that would work in my Gritzner hand crank, and attempted to put them in like she said to last night. I didn't find a line on the needle bar, but brought the needle down a bit where I thought it might be OK. I tried turning the crank s.l.o.w.l.y and nothing caught or made a bad noise, so I thought it might be OK. Tonight I figured out how to wind the shuttle bobbin and with a couple of tries of how to get the thread in the right place. Next was to thread the machine, not too much of a problem as it was very simple to do, and I did it the first time. I attempted to sew..... this little machine makes the cutest sounds when sewing... and I saw stitches, but the tension was to loose on the top and the stitch was to close. After figuring out what I needed to fix them, I sewed again......SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My little old hand crank machine makes a wonderful stitch!!!
Thank you Cathy, Tammi, Miriam, and Caroline for all of your help in getting my little $25.00 machine to work.
Janis