Thread: My DD tatoo
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Stitch124

Default My DD tatoo

So my DD who is 28 yr old is getting another tatoo. I really don't like her doing this to her body but she said that this is her way to honor all the strong independent women in her life. Her paternal and maternal grandmothers both loved to sew as well as all of her aunts on my side. I love to sew and plan to teach both her and her sister as well as my grandchildren to sew. They all have their own Featherweight sewing machines to use when they are old enough.

I also have always loved the Dogwood flower, and my fireplace mantel has several dogwood themed items and painting of a dogwood hanging over it. When she was a little girl, I told her about the legend of the dogwood, and cross stitched the legend in a beautiful picture we've had in our living room since then. She's not particularly religious so this must mean more to her than she realizes.

Anyway, she is just as independent and is having the tatoo done today and I don't know where it's going on her, I hope it turns out as pretty as this pic, because it's big and can never be removed! <sigh></sigh>
Attached Thumbnails tatoo.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-11-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: remove scriptural quotes