My DD tatoo

Old 04-13-2013, 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=EdieClay;5998260]I always wanted a rose tatooed on my breast, but now I am thinking about having it put on my knee because that's where they're heading anyway.[/QUOTe
One of my coworkers mentioned she thought about a rose on her breast, with the stem going downward. She said it would in years to come it would be " a long stemmed rose". HA!!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:56 PM

I think it's beautiful.And what a wonderful way to honor her ancestors. My daughter has tats also and I love them. She has a daisy for me (fav flower) a piston for her dad( liked to work on cars and bikes) She has one to honor her daughter and had one copied from her grandfather. Of course she has many more. And they are all pretty neat.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TripleL View Post
I think it will be beautiful and good for her..I have a few myself and frankly I dont care what other people think about them, I dont live my life based on others beliefs or views. As for what they will look like in 30 years, probably like they do now considering one of them is already almost 30 yrs..who cares? If you are going to judge me based on what you see, its not my loss.
I like how you think! I do not have any tattoos, nor do my kids or husband, but you are right: if people judge you it is their loss. I learned this lesson 30+ years ago when I was helping out at my children's church VBS. There was a teenage boy who came every day helping his mom. He had tattoos and piercings and long hair and weird clothes, and the image was a bit jarring, especially in that venue. But as I got to know him, and see him there every day helping out, I couldn't help but like and respect him. He was a gift in my life to help me learn to look beyond the outward appearance and see the person.

I saw a book a few years back when I was dealing with breast cancer. It was a coffee table book of photos of women who had had mastectomies and other surgeries and each woman had used tattoos as a way to beautify or enhance her scarred area. There were roses, angels, sunsets, all sorts of creative images, and each was beautiful since it was an expression of the woman's acceptance of her new body image. It seemed to be a healthy (if somewhat unconventional) way to say, this is my new body, and I love myself for having endured and conquered cancer.

Peace to all.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 AM

I don't normally read all of the replies to the posts. I read through all of this one because each post had some interesting tidbit to share. This has been one of the most thought provoking posts on this board. Thank you all.
I do not have a tattoo but I have seen some awesome ones and some dreadful ones. The most interesting one I ever saw was one where the woman had some pretty lurid tats all over her body. They were x rated! As her nurse I had to help my aide give her a bath and we were both aghast and impressed at all the ink and creativity! She (the patient) and I had many interesting conversations and lots of laughs. I didn't get it, but it wasn't mine to get. Sadly this strange and lovely lady with the lurid tattoos passed but she had an interesting life and didn't "regret a single one" (she said.)
To each his own.