View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 PM
callen

I have an 820 & cannot imagine a better machine (I'm sure they are out there somewhere). It scared the daylights out of me at first but now I would not part with it. The 830 is the exact same machine but with the added embroidery module & fantastic embroidery it does but at a cost of several more thousand dollars. I love so many features on this machine that there are too many to list but offhand: the extra large bobbin, the thread countdown for the bobbin, being able to move the needle right or left, auto foot up/down feature, easy to fill bobbins, easy to thread, the screen, haven't used the BSR much but once I start practicing on it I am sure I will love it too. I do wish the harp area was a little higher & an inch or 2 wider (are we ever satisfied)??? This machine simplifies so many things that make sewing so much more enjoyable & easier. It does get fussy sometimes but that's usually because of user error - maybe not taking the time to make sure it has been threaded properly & making sure the bobbin area & case are free of small threads & lint. If you are vigilant & take care of this machine, it will last for years. You will probably tire of it BEFORE it completely breaks down. Have always owned Singers (mostly top of the line) & they do not hold a candle to the Bernina line. No, I am NOT a TOL machine snob - I buy what I can afford & did not start with TOL machines. Now, that my children are grown I want the best that I can afford. As the commercial says
"I am worth it." !!!!