Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

First of all, check with other dealers to compare your price.

The Tiara is the same machine as the HQ Sweet 16 ... their base price is on their website.
That being said, it probably is a different price at your local dealers.

You might want to compare what support is offered if buying Tiara vs. S16.
How knowledgable is your local dealer? What support is there from the manufacturer?
Price isn't always the only factor to making a decision.

In the last week I have been to three dealers of the two brands.
There is no question that if I am buying that it'll be the S16 ... lower price (direct, rather than another company in the middle), and a 1-800 helpline that has been right there to answer any questions I have as I make a decision. And from what I understand has been exceptional for those that have already purchased.

It's important to shop around, as there was a considerable price difference between the two S16 dealers I visited. In the three shops I visited, I really only felt one KNEW the machine. At one, I was starting to feel I had a better understanding of the machine from the research I'd been doing online and later verified from the home company.

I'm very impressed with the machine, though I haven't decided whether I can justify the cost for the use or if I am better purchasing a TOL DSM? Only time will tell!!!