View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
seamstome

I haven't done these but here are a couple really cute ideas. In IN this summer they are having a One Stop Shop Hop. 29 stores in one location. Sounds like it is a community center or gym. Mini-quilting expo. I may try to make that.

Second, in WI they are doing a bus tour shop hop. One fee includes bus, lodging and food. Not exactly clear on how it works but it goes over two days and each shop is responsible for providing one meal. The shop in Monticello told me about it so you can ask her if you are interested.

Things I like are discounts, prizes and a fun theme. I am expending money to drive from shop to shop so the discounts have to at least cover the gas money. 20-25%.

Finally decent hours. They had one here and one of the shops was only open 10-2 on Saturday and another was open 9-3.....really???? But you had to get to all the shops to qualify for the prize. With drive time, it was nearly impossible. I made sure I explained to two of the shops that I had exactly 12 minutes each to spend in their shops or I could not physically make all the stores. One shop was not in the next time and the other was open 9-5.