View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
sweetana3

We just did one in southern IN and KY. Instead of a kit at each, we got a charm. They were so much fun. There were charm holders too and I got a sewing machine holder. They handed out free patterns for a block at each shop. What we learned is that we are not doing it again.
1. First shop was so small and so full that it was dangerous. They had good fabric but you could not get it out to look at it and the light was not good in the cabin they were using for a store.
2. Second one was terrific except for the half mile gravel driveway that was 1.5 cars wide. We prayed that a car would not come the other way. Their light was great and terrific fabric. Even a place for a picnic.
3. The two stores next were pretty small although the town was nice and historic.
4. The next one had old fabric and was more a machine store but they had a spool holder I needed.
5. The last one we made at a few minutes after its 5pm closing but she stayed open until everyone was served. Good customer service.

300 miles and I might have spent $30. Good learning experience. I now like my own stores here in town even better.

Things that worked: Candy or cookies at each store, charms instead of patterns for more UFOs, staying open,good map with the circular route marked out for us.