Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I always used Vaseline on my boys bottoms. I had problems with them getting diaper rash when someone gave them too much juice and acidic fruits. Neosporin has a new product with pain relief. When I had my radiation treatments they used adhesive markers on me and quickly caused blisters. Ow when those came off. Used the Neosporin with Pain Relief on a daily basis. I took care of my niece for about a week. I didn't have the apple juices on and all that because she had such a rash. We had burn ointment in the house and used that on her. Don't know how old grandson is. Also when applying the ointment whichever kind it is "DO NOT RUB IT IN OR ON" PAT IT ON. The rubbing causes friction. AND USE LIBERALLY. Come on they're in pain, it hurts! Another to use is Lanacaine. If you can get it in the spray, do. Just shield the baby's face and spray. This way you don't have to touch the affected area. They do have an ointment in Lanacaine. it has an anesthetic. Johnson's Head to Toe is good for washing the area When changing use a cool cotton cloth and just dab the area. I used the Lanacaine on my boys also when they got the chicken pox. The spray was great. They would take a deep breath and close their eyes, I would spray them then they'd step out of the area. I never touched them and it really helped with the itching. No friction. Forget the Calamine. To me calamine was a waste of money. Lanacaine was good for poison ivy.