Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 AM
kellen46

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
Bag Balm! It can be found at Walgreens, CVS, etc. it originally was developed for cows' udders. I have used it on my GS many times!
Bag balm is great and not just for diaper rash. A small amount rubbed into dry hair ends the night before a shampoo really helps calm the split ends. I use it for my oh so dry skin issues. But here is another idea for diaper rash. If it is not a yeast infection, then air is your best bet. Diapered skin stays wet especially with super absorbent diapers. In between changes or about twice a day, before you zip up that diaper let the bottom dry out in the air for a few minutes For boys I would just put a cloth over his business to avoid an unexpected fountain, for girls just laying on the diaper works. I have seen a really bad rash dramatically improve in just five minutes. This time can be used for tummy time and the little bottom really gets better. Twice a day, for about five minutes at a time, and then some bagbalm on the bum works quick wonders on a bad rash. You can use this time to play with your baby and then zip up the diaper and move on with the day. Remember a diaper rash is really a chemical burn, caused by the uric acid in the urine, and chronically wet skin is at high risk for damage. So here is another item for your healthy skin tool kit...and it is free.