Thread: Cutting Table
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 AM
kdbkelly

I have a cutting table I bought at JoAnns, but also have the folding tables. I was teaching teen girls to sew and needed more than the one cutting table. You can get the folding tables with adjustable legs that raise the table to the same height as the cutting table and then folds in half (about 4 inches) when you're done. It takes less space than the cutting table. I can't bend over a dining table or bed without suffering with back pain, so both of those were the best option for me.

Love the dresser/door top idea - lots of storage space. My sewing room needs something like that - actually a room stretcher would help! I don't have much room left - a Janome 11000 Embroidery machine, Janome 4880 sewing machine, Janome Compulock and 7034D sergers, Janome 1000CP cover-stitch machine, Elna serger, 2 Kenmore machines in nice cabinets and several machines in cases. I started rearranging the room to set up my quilting frame (Hinterberg Stretch) and Janome 1600 machine. If the room could be about 10 feet wider and 15 feet longer - I'd be just fine!!! :lol: