Thread: quilting klutz
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 03:23 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I haven't sewed my fingers yet (YET means Y.our E.ligible T.oo) but I've sliced my fingers too many times with the rotary cutter and it ain't no fun. I even have the glove and you'd think I'd wear it, but nope...it sits to the left of my cutting table. It even has some of my blood on it from my accidents. I just forget to wear it and then it's too late! Well, I guess it's never too late, right?

My husband works out of town all the time and I think if I sewed my finger I'd go into shock and wouldn't be able to get the needle out and have to call an ambulance. Oh my word! I would be mortified if that happened. I am going to use my Purple Thang for now on. I don't want to take my sewing machine for a ride in an ambulance. I would be so embarrassed! I think the hospital would put me on the 'Psyche Ward' if I showed up with a sewing machine attached to my hand! If someone was with me at home, they could get the needle out while I freaked out. I just know I couldn't remain calm and do it myself!

Last edited by jcrow; 04-19-2013 at 03:29 PM.