View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:42 AM
BoJangles

Helives, you need to go see Cathy, Mizkaki, she is in Orangevale. Cathy is the one who hosts our TOGA's here. She is very knowledgeable about all vintage machines. I would not take your 15 back to the shop that has been looking at it - it sounds to me like they are just taking stabs in the dark hoping they get it fixed. I have a 15-88 treadle that I love. Those 15's are engineered perfectly. You shouldn't be having so many problems unless something is wrong with the machine. I'd get some new or a bunch of old class 15 bobbins. You say the shop threw out the old bobbin case and put in a new bobbin case? I'd try a different bobbin case - maybe, that new bobbin case is not completely round. Some of the 'new' bobbin cases are really cheap and not good cases. There are better quality bobbin cases. Also, try a new bobbin. Class 15 bobbins are very common and easy to find. It sounds like a bobbin issue, or the case is not round. You have to be careful when buying a new bobbin case, the really cheap ones are not the way to go. I found that out when getting a new bobbin case for a vintage Pfaff - the bobbin sticking at times suggests a bobbin issue or a bad bobbin case. Again, get some new class 15 bobbins and try that first. Cathy will have a bobbin case you could also try to see if infact it is the new bobbin case you have that is causing the problems. She is extremely reasonable and will usually look at your machine right there with you!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-20-2013 at 05:52 AM.