Don't know what to do-Help

Old 04-20-2013, 09:20 AM

Please take it to Cathy's. A visit to Cathy's home is like stepping into a vintage sewing machine museum. She is a wonderful teacher! And she can fix sewing machines, and she has parts to do so. Besides Cathy's hobby of collecting vintage machines, her passion is helping others with their sewing machines. She is truly one of the best!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:25 PM

Yes, please go visit Cathy. You will have a very nice and memorable day - and your machine will be fixed if there is any chance that it can be fixed.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM

It just so happened I found out Cathy was going to be at an event in a town 30 minutes away from me. Guess who spent Friday afternoon and most of Saturday with Cathy; my machine and I. He, the machine, was very stubborn and temperamental; sounds like my grandson. Anyway, Cathy was very firm and got him obeying us, at least most of the time. I spent close to 2 hours free-motion quilting last night with only the last 30 minutes with minor issues, so I put him down for the night. I finished the quilt this morning without any issues. I think he will be a keeper rather than a boat anchor.
I now can agree with others who said Cathy was/is the best and gives of her time and knowledge to help others. She has a passion for vintage machines that makes me want to purchase more old machines and give them the same loving care.
Thank you Cathy!!!!