View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Luv Quilts and Cats

I had a long-haired black cat I named Sasha Emma. Her mom was dumped in our neighborhood and my neighbors took the mom and litter of kittens into their house. When they were old enough, I took Sasha, the only black cat in the litter. She was very shy of new people, kind of a one "purson" cat all her life. But she was always near me and had to have one paw touching me. She was so sweet and funny. One night I was watching a program on lions. There was a part where the camera was focused on a male lion roaring and roaring. Sasha jumped off the couch ran up to the tv and stood on her hind legs and tried to put her front paw in the lions mouth! when that didn't work she jumped up on top of the tv (never saw her do that before or since) and hung over the edge of the tv and tried to put her front paw again in the lion's mouth. I have not idea what she was thinking or what she thought she could accomplish. I wish I had a video camera! My first cat was Mickey, a gray and white tabby who was 1.5 years old when I got Sasha. Mickey didn't like Sasha that much. Mickey was a real character. If I told him no! or not to do something, he would talk back at me saying nyat nyat. As he got older the sass became longer. Everyone used to laugh at the cat who talked back! And don't get started on the trying to swallow a cloth belt, the bag of cheetos, or the roll of paper towel incidents. To this day, and Mickey lived to to 16 years and passed about 2004, Mickey is still remembered at the vet for his very vocal personality. Fortunately he was all growl and screech and no bite. When I go in with my current cat, the vet or vet techs will tell me Mickey has bee reincarnated into one of their client's cats. Mickey is the still the standard other cats are measured by!!! Too funny!