Old 04-22-2013, 02:35 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dotha View Post
I am being commissioned to make a T-shirt quilt. I can't get past the word GO. So many places say you have to use interfacing. There is another guru t-shirt quilt maker that says that the interfacing makes it too stiff and hard. I want ti soft but I don't want to get in trouble either with seams rolling and stretching etc. If I could just know for sure what to do I could get started. Looking forward to HELP here.
there are alot of different interfacings available---not all of them will make your blocks stiff or hard---a lightweight interfacing-like misty fuse- isn't stiff at all- it stablizes the knit fabric so it doesn't stretch out of shape- but does not add weight- or any stiffness/hardness. when you visit a store (like Joannes) check out all the different stablizers (interfacings) some are like thick paper---some are soft, light (white-but see through) fabric like material---some are fusables (that's what you want) some are sew in- some are tear away or wash away---you want a fusable that stays in---misty fuse is a nice choice-but not the only choice- once you feel them- check them over you will be able to tell the difference in them (and the fusable washes out when the quilt is laundered- so any stiffness from the fusing part is gone when the quilt is all done.