Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Piecing blocks together that have interfacing >

Piecing blocks together that have interfacing

Piecing blocks together that have interfacing

Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
there are alot of different interfacings available---not all of them will make your blocks stiff or hard---a lightweight interfacing-like misty fuse- isn't stiff at all- it stablizes the knit fabric so it doesn't stretch out of shape- but does not add weight- or any stiffness/hardness. when you visit a store (like Joannes) check out all the different stablizers (interfacings) some are like thick paper---some are soft, light (white-but see through) fabric like material---some are fusables (that's what you want) some are sew in- some are tear away or wash away---you want a fusable that stays in---misty fuse is a nice choice-but not the only choice- once you feel them- check them over you will be able to tell the difference in them (and the fusable washes out when the quilt is laundered- so any stiffness from the fusing part is gone when the quilt is all done.
Thank you.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 AM

I've used lightweight woven interfacing and I've used Easy Knit interfacing (both are iron-on) for the t-shirt quilts I've made. Both have worked fine for me, and the quilts have always turned out well...no interfacing lines and no bubbling. I have several more such quilts I need to move on...for my SIL! He'll end up with...two, for sure!...Grateful Dead t-shirt quilts, and another one with various artists on it. My dilemma is picking the right fabric to showcase the artistry of the shirts!