View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
I hate to argue with Graham over at ISMACS, but the picture in the first link is a New Process Gear Corp. machine.
It takes the 3368 bobbin case with the smaller bobbin, #1025 aka H. The H bobbin package that I have ( somewhere) in my collection states that it fits the Featherweight. I will have to try the H bobbin in my Featherweight and try the Featherweight bobbin in my Kenmore 71. Unfortunately I won't be home until Sunday afternoon to try this out.
Joe has a 120.49 which is basically the same machine. Maybe he can try it out for us.

Cathy
Cathy,

Just got down to the basement and checked the bobbins on the 120-491 vs the Featherweight. The 120-491 bobbins are just a rim thickness wider than the FW bobbins, but they do fit in the FW bobbin case and don't bind when mounted on the FW. I tried the FW bobbins in the 120-491 and they fit but were just a bit thinner in the case.
I don't doubt they'd interchange, but considering the extra thickness of the non FW bobbins you might run into tolerance problems on some machines.

Joe