View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 AM
cherisews

Originally Posted by quilt-n-girl View Post
You and your dad has a wonderful gift of your mother's pillow, I lost my mother in 2009, and I am still having trouble with it. I started making crazy quilt pillows for my 3 brothers, my daughter, my grand daughter, three nieces, and my self out of some of my mother's clothes. I had someone say they didn't want one, so I got discouraged, and haven't finished the rest of them. I don't know who said it, so..........
Pauline, don't let others' words discourage you. Make the pillows! Working with the fabric of your mom's clothes will help you, even after all this time has passed.

When others in my family didn't want quilts made from my dad's shirts, I made them anyway. I gently folded each quilt, wrapped them in tissue and placed them in nice storage boxes. Two years later, I gave each of my sons one of the quilts for Christmas. As soon as they opened the box, I explained that these were not quilts to use, they were 'memory quilts' of Granddad to be touched when they needed a connection with him. Their relief was evident. And enough time had passed...they were ready to see the quilts. We spent time looking at the quilts and the blocks that represented Dad. I heard a lot of "I remember....." So, make your pillows. The right time will come to present them to your family.