View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:24 AM
trupeach
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Tippy
with a puff or biscuit quilt you essentially cut rectangles, stitch into squares leaving open to put batting inside then stitch closed, then stitch the squares together.. when you finish putting the blocks together the quilt is done.. That is oversimplified, but the basic idea.
You took the words out of my mouth.

The bonus is they are fast to make as they are tied not quilted. The top square is cut larger then the bottom. You pleat the top square on all 4 sides. Sew 3 sides, stuff with polyfill (batting works but is lumpy) and then sew the 4th side. Take 2 squares and sew together the raw edge will be the back. When all squares are sewed together pin it to a backing. For a puff quilt you tie in in the center of each square and it looks like little puff. For a bisquit quilt you tie it at the corner of the square and the quilt looks like a pan of biscuits. They make real cute quilts and for some reason they remind me of Christmas. You know the pictures of mice sleeping in a match box waiting for Santa they always are covered with a quilt and it is usually a biscuit quilt all nice an puffy looking.