View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:33 AM
dottiequilts

I live 8 miles north of Illinois border near small town of Clinton which has a very cute quilt store called Twin Turtles. From there you could travel about 10 miles and hit Life's a Stitch Quilt shop--it has barn quilts all over the outside barns. Then you could hit highway 26 going north (smallish road) and see one of my favorite quilts shops in Milton (Loose Threads) She has barn quilts all over her shop. Along that highway you could make detours to Whitewater (Woodland Quilts) and Fort Atkinson (Quilt Patch) and back on highway 26 about 15 miles past Milton you would hit Tea and Textiles in Jefferson. Some of these stores are closed on Mondays and I think the one in Whitewater is closed Thursday morning. If you search southern wisconsin quilt stores there are dozens more within an hour of highway 26 including a great one in Waunakee. The ones I mentioned are all off of a smaller highway instead of the dreaded I 90/39 which is busy, busy, busy. If you would like more names of stores pm me--I know them all. There are barn quilts all over here to reflect all the quilters who reside in the small towns and farms of southern wisconsin. If you visit Twin Turtle Quilts in Clinton be sure to cross the street and have a piece of pie at the Clinton Kitchen--they bake 15 pies everyday.