View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM
MaryAnnMc

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
Lightbulb Quilt of Frankenstein?

You know how it is~ it's the middle of the night and you can't sleep... and out of nowhere, this fantastic idea pops into your head!

It just occurred to me that since I'm very early in my quilting career, it might be kind of fun to make an extra block from each quilt, and save them until I have enough to make a quilt for myself. I've only pieced two so far, and I have plenty of scraps. It would end up a memory quilt for me to enjoy when I'm old and gray (hey, wait, I'm practically there now, I'd better get hustling!).

I know what you're thinking... not a bad idea. But wait... my first quilt was a rainbow i spy, the second a citron-and-gray modern quilt, and coming up next is a Norwegian flag quilt in red, white, and blue. Now do you see why I'm asking?? And I'm praying there will be some baby quilts in there before too long.

So, am I nuts? Will this end up the world's ugliest quilt? Will future quilt historians shudder in horror? Or whoever has to deal with my mess of scraps if I die before it's finished?

In the light of morning, this might seem like a truly bad idea, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.