Old 04-28-2013, 03:22 PM
dray965

Default Funny how a couple of days gives you a different perspective.

I just finished quilting 2 small quilts to send to Quilts Without Borders. One of the tops sent to me was a log cabin made up of Christmas fabrics, mostly reds and some greens. The backing was solid green.

Since the front had mostly hollys and poinsettas, berries, etc...I decided to use a pattern I had of holly, berries and ribbons. I decided to quilt it in white thread. I thought the white and green on the backing would look good. And that it would blend in on the front since it had some white running through the reds and greens.

Oh...I totally HATED how it turned out. The backing looked fine...the design really popped with the white and green. But the top....the white thread didn't blend into the background at all and seemed to draw attention to itself...which is not what I'd planned at all.

I decided I had ruined that quilt and was so unhappy...it is for a charity...and I wanted whoever the little boy/girl was that received it to have something beautiful in to own. Waaah! I couldn't bear to finish trimming and binding and was grateful that the person who pieced it wasn't going to see the job I'd done on her top.

Then today a strange thing happened. I trimmed it and took another good look. Christmas Elves must have been working during the day that it lay untouched...because it looks great to me now. I really like it and think my quilting was pretty decent...not perfect...but a decent job.

So...What happened??? Did it look OK all along? Or am I just fooling myself now? LOL...this type of thing could make me think I've gone bonkers. <big grin=""></big>

Last edited by dray965; 04-28-2013 at 03:27 PM.