Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Funny how a couple of days gives you a different perspective. >

Funny how a couple of days gives you a different perspective.

Funny how a couple of days gives you a different perspective.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
I agree with the group that sometimes you just get too involved in the immediate and really can't see how well it looks. I'm glad it came out well.
I agree, and I think a lot of the times that this has to do with having a "vision" of how you want the finished quilt to look, and even when it comes out great, if it doesn't match that vision 100% it can be a disappointment. Giving it a few days gives you a new perspective on how awesome it really is
Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM

This happens to me all the time too. I see every mistake and every issue. Then come back to it and now I can see the big picture and it's all not so bad. I'm glad some little person is going to enjoy this quilt.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:59 PM

Our guild makes over 1200 doll quilts a year for Head Start. Believe me the children who get these are so thrilled and they don't care one bit how it is quilted. Some people tie them. I like to practice my FMQ on them and think they hold up better than tied ones. Just my opinion. People who received these from people they don't even know are so gratiful to receive something. They give them to the children and Christmas and they are all different colors and designs and they are so appreciated. One mother even took the quilt to use for her baby rather than the childs doll. If I had known I would have made another for the "real baby." Don't worry they aren't the quilt police and may really enjoy seeing the stitching.