Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
It worked until Doogie passed out again ON the Dr, they both fell backwards and the Dr ended up ripping the "oh sh!t" handle off the wall with his back.

SO, when they decided to keep him overnight, they put him on a geriatric floor (nurses who can lift) and put a bed alarm under him so the alarms would go off if he got up again.

Talking about being buzzed in & out of facilities made me think of being buzzed in and out of your own bed to pee.
That's hilarious! They did that to my ex-husband because he wouldn't stay in bed after he had his stomach removed. He was too worried about going downstairs to smoke...on a smoke-free campus! So, here he goes in his hospital gown, with his IV pump, 3 antibiotics, and a PCA (DIY pain meds on a lock-out timer) pump, sneaking out and going out to stand on the sidewalk in front of the CVS across the street from the hospital so he could smoke! They caught him coming back & put him on a bed alarm too! They told him if he was going to smoke, they had to take down his PCA pump before he could leave the floor. Something to do with what he was on I think. Thing was, what he didn't think about was what a pain it was to get them to come back & hook it back up while he was laying there in misery from going walkabout!

They ended up letting him go early, too early in my opinion, because he wouldn't behave and pitched such a fit about it all.