View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
cricket_iscute

In addition to power cord, foot pedal, all your basic sewing supplies, fabric, thread, machine, etc. take a portable OTT light. All classrooms do not have good light. You also need a small iron and one of those June Tailor press/cut boards. Take bottled water, snacks, maybe paper towels. Clean and oil your machine in advance, test it, and pre-wind bobbins.

Be sure your fabrics are well organized. She will probably want you to pre-cut, and that took me almost 40 hours with a rotary cutter. Then use a plastic case with dividers to keep things straight.

Bonnie is a delight. I took a class from her last year and she is patient and a good teacher. She's very down to earth. I got four or five block done in class, and could select the colors at home I wanted after that. (I recommend extra fabric.) She liked my color choices and held my blocks up for the class to see. I took my Singer 301 and she made it a point to come pet it a few times. LOL

Next time, I would take an extra sandwich and apple for Bonnie, since she probably can't get out at lunch.

And yes, you will get a very detailed list from Bonnie.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 05-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.