View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Bneighbor

Gosh, I use our food saver constantly. I have put fabric in them. When my MIL founder wedding gown from 1923, the fabric was still intact, but the lace was destroyed. Her granddaughter wanted to wear the dress for her own wedding, but time took that away. I took the dress apart and made a pattern from it. We found lace almost exactly like the original. When the new dress was done, I took the original ( though in pieces) and sealed it. I also did the silk veil. I gave those to my SIL. Even if the dress is not really there, the fabric and history is.
I also packed a change of clothing when camping, for the time when everything gets wet.
I pack dry pantry items such as nuts, brown sugar, beans, etc. I have put "powder items" (sugar, etc) in a ziplock bag then into the food saver bag. Keeps the contents from "blowing" around the bag.
We also use the wide mouth jar attachment to pack jars with other pantry items. We even packed lettuce for salad in a large jar. Took it camping and it lasted a week in the fridge ( we camp in a motor home-that is rough enough for me!). We are going out next week and I think I am going to try to pack the ingredients for the complete salad, just to see how it works.
I am thinking about getting another one just for our motor home, since we travel quite a bit and finding fresh items on the road, I can "save" that freshness for a little longer.