View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 05:31 AM
aborning

If money is not this issue, I would definitly get one. However, the price of this used one sounds very high--which leads me to believe it must be a computerized one. Is that what you want? Are you "techy" in that area? Are they going to show you how to use it? I would not buy a computerized machine unless I was shown how to run the computer part of it. I fyou want anon-computer machine, you can easily find a good usd one for $10,000. Sounds like you want a machine, but are concerned about the price, even though money is not an issue. Therefore, you might feel better about buying one that is a lesser price than $15,000. I bought a new APQS Freedom for $16,000. And it is NEW. There is also a APQS Lucey and an APQS Lenny which are considerably less $ than the Freedom that I bought. And you would have NEW and you would get lessons on how to run your machine. The Handi Quilter 18" Avante was my next choice and they are around $12,000 NEW. Like others have said, go to a big quit show and test drive teh different brands and find which brand you like. Then you can look at the price they are NEW or look for a used one. YOu can also look at if you want to buy a computerized one or not. Good luck and let us know what you decide. I'm sure if you get one, you will totally enjoy it. I totally enjoy mine--there is satisfaction in quilting your own quilts.