Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 AM
debbiemarie

I have been dealing with exactly the same problem the last month, I bought an old Singer 15-91 and bought the disk shaped darning foot, I could FMQ with it, but I couldn't see the needle where it touched the fabric or couldn't see beyond making it difficult to follow a pattern line. I went back on line and bought a open toe foot, it doesn't touch down as far as the first one did, I am having to learn it all over again because it feels different, but I think it is going to work for me. I can definitely see where I am going and what I am doing now, much better. I don't know anything about Brother machines, but you may be able to find an another brand - machine that attaches in the same fashion the Brother machine fits. When I was searching I struck out looking for FMQ feet, my search went much better looking for a Darning foot, it works the same and I found many more options. I would call a sewing machine store or repair shop and ask them if theirs another sewing machine that has feet that will interchange with your Brother machine. Hope this helps. I wish you success.