Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother PQ 1500s Free-Motion Foot Question >

Brother PQ 1500s Free-Motion Foot Question

Brother PQ 1500s Free-Motion Foot Question

Old 01-05-2017, 03:31 AM
CMW

I have a Brother 1500 and was having difficulty seeing through the foot as I damaged the plastic when I deflected the needle into it a number of times when breaking needles at the beginning of my free motion journey... A long story that I won't go into. Whoops!

Anyway,as the foot was already damaged, I got an electric drill and a drill bit that was able to enlarge the center needle hole to drill out the damaged part of the plastic. Now the hole is bigger and it is easier to see around the needle. The foot still operates as normal but the center hole is larger. The plastic is still mostly intact but the hole is larger. Good luck finding a solution!
Old 02-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Here I am again with an update. I discovered Isacord 40 wt. polyester for FMQ with my 1500. Beautiful stitches and no breaking thread. I have a bit of difficulty getting the bobbin in correctly, but, when I do it is lovely. I don't need to keep the feed dogs up. I was in a sewing machine store today and they let me take home the open toe FMQ foot for the BabyLock Jane, which is what they sell, and bummers, it does not fit my Brother machine! They look identical from the front, but, the connection on the foot isn't in the right place. I fiddled with it a bit, can't see that it will work. I might try again, just to be sure. Nice lady said I could return it. It was only $16.99. The lady who I bought my machine from has two Brother FMQ feet. One has the little plastic disk and one doesn't. It definitely works better with the one that has the disk. I can't explain why. They look identical to me. It could be user error of course. I will look for a Janome foot next unless any of you has had good luck with something else? I don't want to adapt any of the ones I have. I'd rather buy a new one.