View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
OK Tammi, if it took you 2 hours to rewire the first one, it would take me twice as long. I came up with another fix, the foot controller that came with my 306m. I think the brown color works well with the mocha color.

I will save the connector another day when it rains again. Meanwhile we are having a glorious day of sunshine, with more to come this weekend.
LOL! no,.. just don't make the silly mistakes I was making - get it all done up and then realise,.. ugh, I forgot to thread the bakelite connector on first, or skewering yourself with the old nasty wire, or the new wire, tying the knots in the wrong place, etc.

The wire they used "Back then" was aluminum wire, you can use a thinner wire than what the gauge of aluminum was,.. Rain says 18 gauge in his motor wiring tutorial: http://vssmb.blogspot.ca/2011/12/how...rt-1-wire.html, so the 16 ga wire you have, which is thicker, should be fine, it's probably just wired messily, and possibly the light isn't on the 2 outside posts. One of these days I'll have to do a tutorial on how to do those connectors.

That said, that pedal you have from the 306, does it say solid state or Electronic on it? That's the best case scenario,... it wouldn't get hot.

And I totally agree, get outside and enjoy the weather. Absorb some vitamin D. We're supposed to get some nice weather for the next 3 or 4 days as well. (Though on Monday they said light flurries on the radio while DH was driving in a whiteout that gave us 4 - 6 inches of the white s....tuff, so they may not know what they're talking about. ) I noticed my rhubarb is coming up, and the strawberries are spreading even further this year already. I need to see if the ground is thawed enough to till before the berries spread too far to make it easy. That and raking the yard to get rid of the snow mold is the extent of my weekend.