Old 11-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Eddie

I know the Wal-Mart topics here have been done to death, so I apologize ahead of time for those who groan when they see these. But I was in our local Wal-Mart last night about 10:00pm looking for something in their fabric department and noticed that they had rearranged the department. Hmmm, interesting! The fabric cutting counter which had been at the back of the department near the outside wall has been moved to the front of the department so that it fronts the main aisle through that section of the store. It seems like they were wanting to give higher visibility to the "action" in the department, i.e., someone just walking along that main aisle will now see employees measuring and cutting fabric for customers, etc. Brilliant, I thought. Their racks of fabric were rearranged to move them towards the back of the department where the cutting counters had been. Not a major reno or rearrangement, but it was a pretty significant one, I thought.

And also, when I was in there at 10:00pm, there was an employee there cutting fabric for customers, while 2 others waited to have fabric cut, and several others will milling about the department looking at stuff. Pretty active for that time of night.