Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Interesting recent observation about my Wal-Mart's fabric department >

Interesting recent observation about my Wal-Mart's fabric department

Interesting recent observation about my Wal-Mart's fabric department

Old 11-17-2009, 09:38 PM

I know that the manager in are little town is trying to keep are fabric
department.Because the only other place to get material here is a local little quilt store that aint as big as my living room an kitchen together.An my living room &kitchen together is about 16x30 an the girl that has it now got rid of a bunch of fabric after her mom passed away back in Febuary an I didn't know it but she was my cousins Stepgrandmother.Two
years ago i bought a singer serger for five dollars at the storage rental place.an i took it by to her to see if she could get me a cord an bless her heart she had to order thre or four diffrent ones before she got the right one .any time I have any problems i'll go back to them to see if she can help as well as her mother did.which i'm sure she will.
WELL HAPPY STITCHING PS I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU AN YOUR WIFE .
Old 11-18-2009, 05:35 AM

Our fabric dept is in the back corner of our store, next to automotive and tire shop. Guess who cuts fabric.... Yep the automotive clerk when the only 2 employees aren't there. It's kind of fun to tutor about measuring, lining up, etc. I AM GRATEFUL for their help and consider it a blessing we still have fabs. 2 years ago we were slated to have the dept. cut completely. Hope I helped someone giggle today.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:53 PM

My thought was initially the same as pickles. High profile for a big sales day to close out..
Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 PM

STEPHY WERE YOU AT I'M JUST SOUTH OF LITTLE ROCK ABOUT 30 MILES .
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 PM

HA HA! I like that idea. We don't have a fabric dept at our here at our locol store, but if I go 30 miles down the road I can get a very limited selection. It is only one short wall of fabric. I have found some cute fabric there, which has really surprised me.
I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but my friends and I are finding that even Joann's is starting to carry some really low grade fabric. I guess everyone is trying to keep their profit margin up and hoping the customers don't notice it. We sure are here!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:16 AM

Our two Walmarts that are close to me here in Jersey.....keep getting smaller and smaller in their fabric departments.

Being a snowbird who heads to Florida for the winter, the Walmart in our town last spring, had all their fabric at 25% off........for the eventual closing out of that department.

The store in the next town over told me at that time (last spring) that their store would be selling fabric for at least another 3 1/2 years. A promise that was made to the store earlier that year.

One just has to check out each store on each visit.....I would like to go there and get needed batting when other stores were closed. In Florida, most stores remain open 24/7.

Good for insomnia !!!!!!! mj
Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 AM

I live in between 2 Wal-Marts--one has completely done away with EVERYTHING, including thread!
The other one still has 1 rack of fabric. They carry thread too :wink:
Old 11-19-2009, 05:37 AM

my store still has it's material in it.An I hope we still have itafter christmas.girls iffit sems i'mjust blabbing I just might be i've taken
all of my meds an they have a tunuallyfunny feelin.well i' not all self
beacuse of stuff th
at tet have

wll ey go