View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Chocolate,music, and mysteries....all good ideas!! I will incorporate all tomorrow!!

I have never conquered the ability to work on more than one quilt at a time, and I envy those who can. I actually started a Block of the Month quilt in Jan. to sort of "work myself " into that idea, hoping that it would also teach me to be patient. It hasn't worked well....I am not patient and I don't like having that unfinished quilt in that basket. Something in me says I should finish one project before I start another.

But, fussing about it has helped. I simply MUST clean house tomorrow morning, and then I will finish quilting and sew the binding on. And I am not doing two quilts the same again. Really! That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Dina

At last!!! Someone else who must finish each quilt before starting another! (At least we don't have UFO's.)

I designed a quilt once, made all the blocks, decided that the outer part of the design didn't quite work, but the center (using the same blocks) was great - so I had almost enough blocks left over to make a second quilt, same fabrics. And of course, being a finisher, I had to make that second quilt right away. And yes, it was boring, but both quilts are finished and that feels good. So save some of the chocolate as a reward when you make that last stitch.